You are here: Home > Related sites > International Association for Media and Communication Research
International Association for Media and Communication Research
IAMCR is the worldwide professional organisation in the field of media and communication research. Its members promote global inclusiveness and excellence within the best traditions of critical research in the field. Its objectives include strengthening and encouraging the participation of new scholars, women, and those from economically disadvantaged regions, including researchers from African, Asian and South and Central American countries.
IAMCR´s aims are :
- To provide a forum where researchers and others involved in media and communication can meet and exchange information about their work ;
- To encourage the development of research and systematic study, especially in areas of media production, transmission and reception, in the contexts in which these activities take place and in those subjects and areas where such work is not well developed ;
- To stimulate interest in media and communication research ;
- To disseminate information about research results, methods and needs – not only to researchers but also to those working in the various media and others responsible for communication policies ;
- To seek to improve media and communication research, policy and practice and to encourage research, especially from international and interdisciplinary perspectives, and to exchange information on practices and conditions that would improve the quality of media and communication practice, and media and communication research ;
- To contribute by means of appropriate research, to the development and improvement of the education and training of journalists and other media professionals.
Website : [www.iamcr.org]